Big Pine Key Adolphus Busch Sr. Wreck Dive Trip
- Durata: 4 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Big Pine Key, Florida
- Codice prodotto: P1TFD2
FOR LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS OR TRIPS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL AT (305) 872-9863. We may be able to make a boat and captain available for your wreck dive. Minimums still apply.
This activity requires a minimum of 3 divers. If you are booking your Busch Sr. Wreck Dive within two days of your dive trip departure and you have less than the minimum required passengers, please contact us by phone @ 305-872-9863 between the hours of 8AM & 5PM. We can give you an update as to the number of divers and we can get to work to try to fulfill the minimum requirement.
Adolphus Busch Sr. Wreck Dive Trip
Join Captain Hook’s Dive Team for a BUSCH SR. WRECK DIVE The Adolphus Busch Sr. is the ship that put Big Pine Key on the wreck diver’s map. At 210 feet in length, she stands upright and completely intact in just 110 feet of water. Formerly The Ocean Alley, this island freighter was purchased by the local dive community in 1998 with the generous assistance of Adolphus Busch IV. Today the Adolphus Busch is home to a fascinating variety of marine life, including a 250 to 350-pound Goliath Groupers, barracuda, sharks, pelagic and reef species.
Our approach to diving the BUSCH SR. usually goes like this: It is conducted as a part of our normal morning dive schedule, and it often takes the place of the Dive Trip - Morning. Give us a call, and tell us if you are interested in a BUSCH SR. dive, and let us know how long you will be in the Keys so we can work the schedule to get you on this wreck. We will then change the availability of the Morning or Afternoon Dive to a BUSCH SR. Wreck Dive and push to reach the minimum for the dive. We need a minimum of 3 divers for this trip. If you have three divers with enough experience to dive the BUSCH SR., then you are good to go. TheBUSCH SR.is an advanced dive with 112-foot to the sand. There is often a current on this vessel which can make it a real challenge. Your dive experience is important here and so is your dive log.
WE ARE FLEXIBLE!
The BUSCH SR. dive is not a standard trip that is scheduled for a particular day of the week or time, and yet it is one of our most popular dives. When a diver shows an interest in diving the BUSCH SR., and they let us know, we go to work to fill the trip and make it happen. It usually takes the place of one of our scheduled daily reef trips.
Normally, the BUSCH SR. dive is a morning dive, first to the wreck and then a second dive on a shallower reef. Two locations...two dives. We often do a "Double BUSCH SR. with the right surface time considered, and it is a great way to get to know the wreck. Do not miss the opportunity to dive this wreck! If you feel you are not ready, we offer a PADI Specialty Course specific to Wreck Diving which can get you prepared to dive this wreck.
INCLUDED WITH DIVE
Tanks, Air, Weights and Weight Belt are included. Do you need any other rental gear? If so, you will have the opportunity to order additional gear once you confirm the dates that you are diving. We offer an in-water dive guide whom you can choose to follow, or you can go exploring with a buddy on your own. The dive guide will be diving Recreational Dive Tables. Gloves and underwater lights are recommended.
The corridor of the wreck is at 108 feet. Junior divers are restricted to a 70 foot maximum. No Junior divers are allowed to dive on this wreck. The Busch Sr. Wreck Dive requires three advanced divers for the trip to be a go. Once we receive a request for the BUSCH SR. dive, by one or two divers, we go to work to fill the dive to the minimum requirement of three divers or more. Most often, we are successful in meeting the minimum requirement, but it is always a good idea to book the Busch Sr. Wreck Dive in advance.
- Advanced Open Water Diver.
- Proof of Advanced certification (Certification Card)
- If it has been more than one year since your last scuba dive, you will be required to dive your first dive accompanied by one of our complementary dive guide.
- If it has been over 2 years since your last scuba dive, you will be required to take a Scuba Refresher course.
- Departure times: 8:00AM and 1:00PM
- Duration: 4 hours (approx.)
- Check-in time: Please check in 60 minutes before the departure time. (Important)
- Check-in location: Capt. Hook's Looe Key Reef Adventures located @ 29675 Overseas Highway in Big Pine Key
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map,
and parking information will be included in your final confirmation
- Air, Tanks, Weights and Weight Belt are included with your dive trip price.
- Freshwater showers at the dock.
- Gratuities (optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Email
- Bathing suit
- Sunscreen (Reef -Safe)
- You may bring your own scuba equipment.
- It is always a good idea to stop in to see us at Capt. Hook's Looe Key Reef Adventures located @ 29675 Overseas Highway when you arrive in Big Pine Key. We love to see our adventurers before the events so we can get to know you, make friends and provide you with any detailed information about your activity.
- As with any activity that requires Mother Nature to cooperate, this activity may be cancelled due to wind, weather, visibility and sea conditions in which case you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), receive full refund, store credit or receive credit for a future event/dive trip.
- This activity needs a minimum of 3 divers. If the minimum is not met, the activity may be cancelled in which case you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), receive full refund, store credit or receive credit for a future event/dive trip.
- Guests cannot participate if under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or have any existing medical conditions that put them or others at risk. You are responsible to make sure you are medically qualified to participate in this activity.
Advance Purchase Recommended
Upon booking, you will receive your receipt in a email confirmation. We recommend booking in advance to ensure your space on the boat.
Booking Confirmation Info
Bring your email confirmation with you on the day of your activity, if you have booked in advance.
We understand your travel plans may change. With that in mind, Capt. Hook’s has a very simple cancellation policy: As long as you cancel outside of 24 hours there is NO charge. However, if you cancel within 24 hours or NO-SHOW the day of your class/course or trip we will be charging the full amount of the dives or 50% of the course/class. Thank you!