Lionfish Hunter/Removal Course @ Dive Key West
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Key West, Florida
- Product code: P0SBRY
Lionfish Hunter/Removal Course
Length of course: 2 days
Day 1: Saturday for a two-hour class all about lionfish and the proper hunting methods and techniques.
Day 2: The Hunt. Two Sunday morning dives performing what you have learned the day before in class.
Who should take this course?
Ecology conscience divers that want the lionfish eliminated from the Florida Keys waters.
You need to be an open water diver and in good physical health. 15 years of age or older. No prior experience hunting lionfish while diving is required. No fishing license is required.
A medical history form must be completed by all divers prior to participating in this activity. You are responsible to make sure you are medically qualified to participate in this sport.
- Tanks, Air & Weights are included.
- All scuba gear for this course is available to rent.
- Polespears and extra Zoo Keepers are available to rent.
What to Bring (Recommended)
- "Reef-Safe" Sunscreen
- Comfortable Shoes for Boat
- Bottled Water and Snacks
Let's Get Started!
1. Go to the Booking Calendar and select the day that you would like to start your classroom training. Be certain to select the quantity of participants for the course. Complete the booking and fill out all of the information requested. You will receive an email confirmation from Capt. Hook's of your booking and will get a call from one of our instructors to set up everything you need to start your training. Select the rental equipment, pole spear, and anything else you will need for your dive trips from the Extras menu.
2. Give us a call at 305-296-3823 to answer any questions about this course. Have fun and ask our dive professionals about your student savings on equipment and additional dives while you are on vacation!