Deep Diver Specialty Course @ Big Pine Key
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Marathon, FL
- Product code: PJVZYY
The calmness and lure of the deep…. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 meters/130 feet, you should take the Deep Diver Specialty course.
You will learn the importance of your training and improved skills as you push into deeper waters. This course will give you the confidence to explore these depths without apprehension. Once mastered, scuba diving just becomes easier whenever you enter the water....And when it is easier, the ocean opens itself up to you. This is somewhat true for any additional training that you take, but it is especially true when you have mastered the ability to dive deep.
This course includes two boat trips to deep water sites, instruction and all necessary dive rental gear for this course. Completion of the course work, successful knowledge reviews and testing along with the four deep water dives will get you certified as a Deep Water Diver.Requirements
- Adventure Diver rating or above
- 15 years of age
- Duration: approx. 4 hours
- Departure Times: TBD by Instructor
- Check-in time: Please check-in 30 minutes before the departure time.
- Check-in location: Capt. Hook's Big Pine Key located @ 29675 Overseas Highway, Big Pine Key, FL 33043.
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Air, Tanks, Weights and Weight Belt are included with your dive trip price.
- Freshwater showers at the dock.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation Email
- Bathing suit
- When you arrive in Florida Keys, it is always a good idea to stop in to the dive shop to go over your start time for your course.
- As with any activity that requires Mother Nature to cooperate, this training may be cancelled due to wind, weather, visibility and sea conditions in which we will do everything possible to reschedule and get your training complete.
- Guests cannot participate if under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or have any existing medical conditions that put them or others at risk.
- Upon booking, you will receive your receipt in a email confirmation. We recommend booking in advance to ensure your space on the boat.
- Bring your email confirmation with you on the day of your activity if you have booked in advance.