Looe Key Reef Trip
- Varighet: 4 Timer (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Big Pine Key, FL
- Produktkode: P4P13P
FOR LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS OR TRIPS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL AT (305) 743-2444.
Looe Key Dive Trip
Join Captain Hook’s Dive Team for a reef dive in the #1 rated dive destination in all of North America and #10 in the world. Looe Key is known for its beauty and abundant marine life. Because of its unique shape and varying depths, Looe Key is an excellent SCUBA and snorkeling site for people of all skill levels. Water clarity is mostly excellent and sea conditions are generally moderate. The reef is home to over 150 species of fish including yellowtail, angelfish, parrotfish, barracuda, sergeant majors, and moray eel. The lucky diver can also see several shark and ray species. After 7000 years of coral growth, about fifty species are present, many named for the shapes of their namesakes on land. These corals include staghorn, elkhorn, star, brain, and fire corals. (Reference: FloridaKeys.com).
We dive at two Looe Key locations on each trip for one hour each. The dive locations are selected the day of the dive based on wind conditions. If your group has a mix of snorkelers and divers, we can accommodate everyone on one boat. We have two dive boats that are especially designed for diving and snorkeling. Having two boats allows us to meet most customer requests and to keep families together, even if some are diving and some are snorkeling.
DiveMaster In Water
Our dive guides are there to show you the highlights of the reef and to add an experienced dive professional underwater. It is entirely your choice if you choose to follow the guide, if you have a dive buddy to explore on your own. If you are a lone diver, our dive guide can be your dive buddy!
- Must have Open Water Diver certification
- Departure times: 9:30AM and 1:30PM
- Duration: 4 hours (approx.)
- Check-in time: Please check in 60 minutes before the departure time. (Important!)
- Check-in location: Captain Hook's Big Pine Key located at 29675 Overseas Highway, Big Pine Key FL 33043.
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Tanks, Air Fills & Weights
- Freshwater showers at the dock.
- In-Water DiveMaster to guide the trip. Our guides are there to show you the highlights of the reef and to add an experienced dive professional to the group. It is entirely your choice
- Dive equipment is available to rent or you can bring your own equipment.
- Gratuities (optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Email
- Bathing suit
- It is always a good idea to stop in to see us @ Capt. Hook's Looe Key Reef Adventures & Strike Zone Charters, located just off of U.S. 1 at Mile Marker 29.5. The address is 29675 Overseas Highway, Big Pine Key, Florida 33043. We love to see our adventurers before the event so we can get to know you, make friends and provide you with any detailed information about your trip.
- As with any activity that requires Mother Nature to cooperate, this activity may be cancelled due to wind, weather, visibility and sea conditions in which case you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), receive full refund, store credit or receive credit for a future event/dive trip.
- This activity needs a minimum of 6 snorkelers or a mix of divers and snorkelers that includes at least 3 divers. If the minimum is not met, the activity may be cancelled in which case you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), receive full refund, store credit or receive credit for a future event/dive trip.
- Guests cannot participate if under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or have any existing medical conditions that put them or others at risk.
Please note: In the interest of your safety, please be aware of the following requirements.
• If it has been more than one year since your last scuba dive, you will be required to dive your first dive accompanied by one of our complementary dive guide.
• If it has been over 2 years since your last scuba dive, you will be required to take a Scuba Refresher course or Scuba Tune-Up.
Advance Purchase Recommended
Upon booking, you will receive your receipt in a email confirmation. We recommend booking in advance to ensure your space on the boat.
Booking Confirmation Info
Bring your email confirmation with you on the day of your activity, if you have booked in advance.
We understand your travel plans may change. With that in mind, Capt. Hook’s has a very simple cancellation policy: As long as you cancel outside of 24 hours there is NO charge. However, if you cancel within 24 hours or NO-SHOW the day of your class/course or trip we will be charging the full amount of the dives or 50% of the course/class. Thank you!